Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 4


Craft: This week we had to redo our project using the critic to improve it. Instead of trying to make my first picture better, I decided to start from scratch with a new approach and a fresh idea. I used a picture of two of my guy friends fake fighting and using our photoshop tools cropped in the president of the confederacy punching abe the president of the union in the face in a dorm room. I also fixed some of the background aspects to bring these two presidents into a

"today" situation.


Composition- Besides replacing both of the charactors faces, I also changed the computer graphics and the television picture. Two of the biggest pop culture things that are going on in my time are facebook, the online networking phenomenon, and Obama's election. I changed the computer screen to be on the facebook website and then photoshopped a different picture of Lincoln into the portrait area to make it seem like he had been looking at his own facebook prior to the fight. Also seeing as they are both presidents and political figures, they would obviously be watching President Obama's inauguration speech on the television.


Concept: My concept was to bring these two men, and show what would be happening if they were to grow up in my time. In order for them to become political leaders they would have to go to college, and I figured maybe they met in a poly sci class and decided to room together. The problem is once they got to know one another, they found out they disagreed on weather or not President Obama should have been elected into office, and when Abe turned on the inauguration speech Jefferson Davis got angry and punched him in the face.



No comments:

Post a Comment